Monday, February 1, 2010

Abundant Living Water

"And whoever will be cheif among you, let him be your servant." (Matthew 20:27)

True leadership comes from underneath. Christ was not ashamed to bow His knee and lift the weary foot of all of His disciples, including Judas, who would soon betray Him. He washed them and wiped them dry. Travelling a dusty road, shod in sandles, I can only imagine what their feet looked like, but I am sure He didn't wince. Imagine what they smelled like! Cut and scraped, hard, calloused, sweaty, smelly dirty feet! And the King of kings, Lord of lords, Creator of the universe, knelt and held those feet in His hands. I wonder if just a touch of those precious hands healed every cut on their feet. Did the water get dirty and need to be dumped out? Somehow, I don't think so. A soaking in living water, the abundant supply poured out on mere men. Just as He did with the water and wine, the loaves and fishes, He is a God of abundance and His supply never runs dry. It never gets low.

I am reminded of the lyrics to a song my mother used to sing when I was a child. " And Jesus said, 'Come to the water, stand by My side. I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied. I felt every teardrop when in darkness you cried. And I strove to remind you, that for those tears I died."

No comments:

Post a Comment