Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Beauty From Ashes

Beauty for Ashes.
Crystal Lewis sings these lyrics...
He gives beauty for ashes
Strength for fear
Gladness for mourning
Peace for despair

I have heard those words so many times as a believer, but sometimes I forget.  Or maybe sometimes I choose to ignore Truth.  I try to do things my own way.  I want stuff to happen on my time table and I grow weary.  My Father is patient with me.  He truly never leaves or forsakes His children.  In this crazy world filled with distractions it can seem like the opposite is true. 

Sometimes we go through seasons where we just have to trust that God is holding us.  Life doesn't make sense.  The reasons are different for everyone. I have learned not to compare stories.  What can bring one person to their knees can feel like a cake walk for another.  God knows each one of us intimately.  Psalm 139:2 - 3 says "You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways."  

No matter what the story, He uses what we are walking through to draw us closer to Him.  I have been in a place of despair.  My eyes have been on what I am lacking in my life rather than on what I have.  I felt like I was in a "pit" and could not see above my own circumstances.  Psalm 18:16, "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters."  Sometimes we can feel like we are drowning, but God is faithful to reach down.  He sets us back on solid ground.  God used a friend, a stranger, a little boy, a song, a sermon, and so many other ways to turn my heart back to Him and off of myself.  He heard the cries of my heart and reached down.  God didn't come in judgement and wrath.  He came in kindness and love.  He truly reached down and pulled me out. 

If you are discouraged or feel like you cannot see past your own circumstances, let me extend a hand.  Grab hold and let these words help you find your footing. 
I leave you with this...

This world can be lonely, but Truth says, "We are never alone."
Deuteronomy 31:8
This world can be scary, but Truth says, "Be not afraid."
Lamentations 3:57
This world can be hopeless, but Truth says,  "You will overflow with HOPE."
Romans 15:13;  Job 11:18
This world can be depressing, but Truth says, "In Me is fullness of JOY"
Psalm 16:11
This world can be chaotic, but Truth says,  "In Me you have PEACE."
John 14:27;  2 Thessalonians 3:16
This world can be dark, but Truth says, "I am the Light."
John 8:12

Crystal Lewis video of Beauty for Ashes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDhlTzbyFRo



No comments:

Post a Comment