Friday, October 30, 2015

What's in a Name?


He Teacheth My Hands to War? That's quite a title for a blog! Let me explain...
      Ten years ago, (WOW, ten years ago) I went to a retreat with a group of women from church. In the days leading up to it, I was reading in Psalms for a small group we were in. My husband and I were in bed reading and both stopped at chapter 18. "This is for you, " he said.  It was the same passage I just read! Verse 34 states that, "He (God) teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms."
      This verse really hit home for me. I am not a warrior in the traditional sense, but the old expression, "The pen is mightier than the sword." holds true for me on a personal level.  As I journey  through this life, God's Word and my journal are weapons in my hand.  I process life by putting pen to paper.  I have considered changing the title, but nothing else seems to fit quite yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment